The COVID-19 Pandemic
Scarborough Beach Counselling and Psychology cares about the wellbeing of our clients. In this way, we have removed our 24-hour cancellation policy. This will allow you to cancel any time leading up to your appointment time should you become unwell. We also commit to you the same consideration. To cancel please text directly to your therapist (Ron – 0402 902 265; Beverley – 0402 902 264).
If you are experiencing financial hardship Ron and Beverley welcome a discussion of options available to you.
For those of you who are happy to attend sessions at our practice we have implemented the following safeguards to minimise potential risk:
- Additional cleaning of the premises
- Regular wiping down of surfaces and door handles with disinfectant
- Removal of magazines from reception
- Provision of hospital grade hand sanitiser available for your arrival and departure
- Appropriate personal hygiene
- Social distancing (our kitchen space is also available to you as you are waiting)
- Maintain a buffer between you and us during your visit
For those who prefer to remain home we have the following options available to you:
- With a current GP Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP), we are now set up for Telehealth. If we don’t currently hold your MHCP on file, please arrange for it to be faxed or emailed directly to us prior to your session (fax – 9200 5787; email – email@example.com). Please also email a copy of your current Medicare card.
- Without a GP referral, online appointments are also available to you. Payment is via Credit card authority (kept on your file). Your receipt will be emailed to you.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Ron & Beverley